Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day and weekend recap

Happy Valentine's Day from Prince Charming!!!

We had a good day - Aubrey had her party at school and Chase has his tomorrow. The kids got cards in the mail (thanks Grammy, Aunt Marti and Grandma Carla) and Tom cooked a wonderful dinner - shrimp scampi, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and asparagus, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake for dessert - Yummy!

Oh and guess who got his first tooth today?

We had a very busy weekend....

Practicing our sitting up skills,

celebrating our 100th day of school (Aubrey missed it, but I'll share that later),


making valentine crafts,

and just hanging around.

And oh yeah, did I mention the sickness?

Aubrey came home from school on Thursday with a temp of 101. I took her to the doctor that night and she had an upper respiratory infection. Has anyone ever dragged 4 tired children to Target at 8pm to fill a prescription ? I don't recommend it. Needless to say, she spent the next day home with me upset about missing her 100th day of school party. But she was able to attend a Valentine tea party with some of her girlfriends on Saturday.

Then Saturday night, Mason got up around 10pm telling me his "mouf is on fiwre" and he had a temp of 102 and was breathing kind of funny. Needless to say, we had a loooong night. I ended up calling the Doctor's Emergency Line Sunday morning and we were told to take him in. So I loaded up Hudson and Mason and we went downtown to the new Children's ER. Tom stayed home with Chase and Aubrey and did Sunday school.

We pulled up to the doors at the ER at 9:40. A security guard helped me carry in my bags and the car seat and a valet parked the van for us. Too cool! They met us at the desk, took his vitals and got us in a room right away. I changed him into his hospital gown (I have pictures on my phone, but can't figure out how to get them here) and a doctor came in right away. They did a strep culture and it came back positive. They gave him some antibiotics and a prescription. The nurse called for our car and it was ready when we walked out the door. We were back home at 11:30 - has to be a record for the ER. It is sooo nice inside (for a hospital - you know what I mean.) Bright colors, friendly staff - even the bathrooms have green toilet handles, which Mason loved - being newly potty trained and green is his favorite color.

So hopefully this is the end to our sickness and no one else will get anything. At least so far we have had a great winter compared to the swine flu of '09!

No comments:

Post a Comment